October 20, 2016
As a web design agency in Vancouver, we work with clients across all industries, non-profits, animations, apparel, consulting agencies and more.
We are always pushing for content, content, content.
Why is Content so Important in Web Design?
Think of it this way. You have a family with kids and a dog and you have a massive plan to renovate your home with an interior designer. What’s going to happen in a household? Splatter, paint, a wet dog and let’s not talk about it, glitter. Imagine this, a home with white couches and a long hair ragged rug in the living room, what a beauty! As good as that sounds, it will most likely become a plan for disaster. However, if the interior designer knew the ins and outs of your family, the white couch probably would never have been bought or the designer might have presented you with something safe, like beige walls, quartz tabletop and a black couch, you know the rest.
Similar to a website, without content, designers struggle to create something that fits your business needs. Our goal is to create a unique website for your business and your guests. We want to get to know you so we can put your personality into the website and ultimately create an experience for your community.
10 Content Questions to Think About
Here are 10 questions a web design agency might ask you!
If you are not looking for a redesign at this time, it’s also a good idea to revisit the list to see if your website still serves your business goal.
- Tell us about your business, how did it start?
- What is your main business goal within the next 2-3 years?
- What are your features and benefits (competitive advantage)
- Who is your target audience?
- Pros and Cons to your current website (if you have one)
- Features you need on your website (ex: Registration system, e-commerce, contact form, event scheduling)
- Inspirations (What are some sites that you loved?)
- What does your branding entail? Do you have a branding guideline?
- Tell us your social media links
- What makes your client excited?